Relevant categories: Bronzes,Architectural Salvage,Objet d Art,Silver Plate,Curios
(Above photo - Pair Art Nouveau French Hard Wood Arm Chairs )
Art nouveau interiors have never gone out of fashion even with the advent of various interior design styles. The design style became popular in continental Europe and the United States between 1980 and 1910, showcasing curve, floral designs, elegant silhouettes, and linear designs. The art nouveau style permeated all kinds of industries because of its popularity, including fine art, glassware, pottery, furniture, and architecture. Today, its popularity has made it a preferred interior design style by homeowners across the world.
(Above photo - Silver Plate Scallop Shell Basket Art Nouveau Circa 1910 )
So, how do you implement art nouveau interiors in your home? Since you already know what it entails, you don't have to grapple with indecision like its early adopters. The style sprang up at a time when most homes featured the contemporary Victorian style. However, it is because of the innovative way it made use of natural forms that made it famous quickly.
(Above photo - Art Nouveau Glass Dish - French Antique 1930 Planter )
Don't expect implementing art nouveau in your home to be straightforward, given how hard it is to incorporate some elements without help from a professional designer. However, if you insist on doing it yourself, here are a few tips to help you.
• Check out the work of original art nouveau designers like Louis Majorelle, Emile Galle, and Hector Guimard, depending on the elements you wish to incorporate. For example, Louis Majorelle's work will point you on how to be the best art nouveau designer. On the other hand, Emile Galle excelled in making elegant light fixtures while Hector Guimard designed a Parisian house.
(Above photo - Art Nouveau Tiffany Table Lamp Bronze Light )
• Pick elements to incorporate and not everything. Recreating a complete art nouveau setting can be difficult because you have to change many elements, including architecture, wall treatments, and interior décor. Since it is an all-encompassing style, it isn't possible to implement everything at a go.
• Learn to experiment with some accessories: Since it isn't possible to change your home's entire look, going for specific accessories is advisable. For example, you could use art nouveau accent chairs and light fixtures while maintaining everything else as it is.
• It may not work with modern spaces: Art nouveau interiors have a high sense of specificity, making it difficult to use in a modern space. However, that shouldn't be a problem for individuals with more eclectic interiors with design elements in different styles.
• Pick and use beautiful art nouveau pieces: One way to avoid a total overhaul of your home is to use beautiful art nouveau pieces when you spot them. That's is because an instinctively beautiful art nouveau piece can go well with different elements of design. If it could be a fanciful chair or an incredibly beautiful lampstand – don't hesitate to use it.
(Above photo - Large French Art Nouveau Bronze Female Statue Figurine )
Now that you know how to implement art nouveau interiors, why don't you go ahead and do it? You can find all kinds of art nouveau antiques from your favorite store and use them to turn your home into a beautiful space. We advise that you buy one item at a time until you have a full collection of art nouveau pieces.
XL Silver Bronze Flying Lady A...
Large French Art Nouveau Bronz...
Art Nouveau Glass Dish - Frenc...
Silver Plate Scallop Shell Bas...
The Windsor chair - the ultimate farmhouse kitchen chair, surely?
Let's face it, art nouveau never went out of style?
Classic Edwardian interiors from Canonbury Antiques